Translate

Saturday, March 5, 2011

"Cornbread and Butterbeans"

Lyrics: [Chorus:] Cornbread and butterbeans and you across the table* Eatin' beans and makin' love as long as I am able Growin' corn and cotton too and when the day is over Ride the mule and cut the fool and love again all over Goodbye don't you cry I'm goin' to Louisiana Buy some corn and a big fat hog and marry Suzianna Same song ding dong I'll take a trip to China Cornbread and butterbeans then back to North Carolina [Repeat Chorus:] [Lead:] Wearin' shoes and drinking booze it goes against the Bible A necktie will make you die and cause you lots of trouble Streetcars and whiskey bars and kissing pretty women Women yeah that's the end of a terrible beginning [Repeat Chorus:] I can't read and don't care and education's awful Raising heck and writin' checks it ought to be unlawful Silk hose and frilly clothes is just a waste of money Come with me and stay with me and say you ll be my honey [Repeat Chorus:] [Lead:] [Repeat Chorus:] Artist: Carolina Chocolate Drops Album: Genuine Negro Jig Genre: Folk Click Here For Video. Source: Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment