Translate

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gene Sullivan - Please Pass The Biscuits

Lyrics: ( singers) Just picture a lad, between Mom and Dad Its Sunday the tables all set There's uncles, there's aunts, and cousins galore There's plenty of food to be et The blessing is said, they reach for the bread It's a feast a king could afford There's clatter, there's chatter, but something's the matter There's someone who's being ignored (spoken) Uh, would you please pass the biscuits? Uh, would you pass the biscuits please? Same thing ever Sunday since I can't remember when Kinfolks all around the table and the biscuits at tuther end I got a plate of chicken and taters, and a lot of stuff like that All, all I need is a biscuit, but I wish you'd look where they're at I guess I could reach across the table, But that's ill-mannered, Mom always said I wish I had a biscuit, I just can't eat without bread Uh, would you pass the biscuits Uh, excuse me, would you please pass the biscuits All I want is a biscuit, nobody seems to care If they wouldn't talk so dog-gone loud They might be able to hear Hot doggies, they're half-finished eatin' and I ain't even begun I wish you'd look at them biscuits disappear, I'll be luck if I get a one Same thing ever Sunday, always company to be fed They're talkin' like they're wound up Boy, I wish I had a piece of bread HEY! Would, would, would you please pass the biscuits It looks like somebody would notice that I ain't started eatin' yet Sure be glad when they get their fill, and go into the parlor and set Then, by golly, I won't have to use my manners I'll just get a biscuit myself Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle, there ain't a biscuit left The only day of the week we get Sunday-fed And they've et up all the biscuits And, uh, I just can't eat without bread (singers) There's something the matter, no bread on the platter And he just can't eat without bread Lyrics from eLyrics.net Click Here For Video. Source: Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment