Translate

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Rex Allen - Son, Don't Go Near The Indians

Lyrics: Songwriters: MANN (CHORUS) Son, don't go near the Indians Please stay away Son, don't go near the Indians Please do what I say Since I was just a little boy I liked to roam the hills And to hear wild stories About the Indians Was my biggest thrill I'd shout and yell And holler like them I wore moccasins on my feet And I'd make believe I was under a teepee Every time I went to sleep My hair was jet black And I was twenty-one Lots of pretty girls around But the paleface maidens Didn't thrill me none Around my Cochise County hometown (CHORUS) One day I went to the reservation And there by a shallow creek Was a beautiful Indian A-fetching water And I just had to speak She smiled at me then quickly left But the next day she returned And it wasn't very long Til I told her how The love in my heart burned (CHORUS) I told my daddy I'd found a girl Who meant the world to me And tomorrow I'd ask the Indian chief For the hand of Nova Lee Dad's trembling lips spoke softly As he told me of my life Twas then he said I could never take This maiden for my wife (Spoken) Son, the white man and Indian Were fighting when you were born And a brave called Yellow Sun Scalped my little boy So I stole you to get even For what he'd done Though you're a Full-blooded Indian, son I love you as much as my Own little feller that's dead And, son, Nova Lee is your sister And that's why I've always said (CHORUS) Click Here For Video. Source: Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment