Translate

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Billys Christmas Wish

Lyrics:


The fat man sat on the busy street corner
His white beard and red suit in line
His Ho, Ho brought joy to the childern
For again it was Christmas time.

His belly would shake as he merrily laughed spreading his Christmas joy
I'm Santa come sit on my knee, he'd say
To each little girl and boy

But standing apart from the merry crowd
Stood a lad at about 7 years old
With no coat to cover his bony frame
He was shaky and weak from the cold

He had no shoes to warm his feet
He looked hungry, just skin and bone
But with a look of peace on his humble little face
He just stood there all alone

When Santa saw the boy a sympathy grew
And he said come here to me
He covered the trembling frame with his robe
As he placed the child on his knee

The boy looked up to Santa's eyes with worship for the bearded man
He said my names Billy and I love you sir
Why you're the grandest in all the land
And I didn't mean to be no trouble Santa

He went on trying hard to smile
But I heard you laughing
And I saw the kids and I thought I would just watch for a while
I won't bother you with wanting nothing sir

Cause I already know I been bad
Santa looked down at the poor little ragged boy
And he said son where is your mother and dad
Well my daddy lives in prison Santa

That's what momma says anyhow
They say he shot momma's boyfriend
He's been there a long time now
And me and momma we live with Mr. Brown now

Mom works at the bar every day
Mr. Brown just drinks beer and cusses a lot
Whenever I get in his way
I've been gone agout 4 days now Santa

I've been sleeping in cars that I find
And I know that makes me a bad boy
But you sure been treating me kind
I've been praying for you since I've been big enough Santa

Every Christmas Eve night
And then the next day the kids have all the toys
And I know that you made it alright
And I'm so glad to see them so happy as I go walking along

But my stocking is always empty that's how I know I done wrong
Mr. Brown told me all about it
He said I just ain't no good
And I know he's right cos you never came sir
And I know if I wasn't bad then you would

It's ok son Santa muttered
Such faith he'd not seen in a while
Though a tear was straining to fill his eyes
He looked down at the lad with a smile

Just tell Santa what you'd like son
Anything that you might have in mind
I didn't know where you lived before Billy
But I promise I won't miss you next time

Little Billy's face quickly grew brighter
Such luck he would never have guessed
After thinking a while he finally said
Well sir I might just have one request

Have you ever been to Heaven Santa?
Why I bet you know God as good as you are
Could I just ride up to Jesus' house sir?
If it's not too awful far

He might just let me live there a while
Daddy says he likes little boys
And I wouldn't take too much room sir
I'd just sit in the back with the toys

AndI promise not to be bad Santa
And I could help God do his chores
And he might even let me see Daddy
And I wouldn't be hungry no more

I'm so tired and sleepy now Santa
Said the child as he looked toward the skies
With a sigh he relaxed against Santa's chest
And peacefully closed his eyes

Santa quickly felt for the little boys pulse
Someone please get a doctor he said
But when the ambulance took little Billy away
Everyone know he was dead

The children had grown more solemn
As they listened to the little boy
They were no longer happy and laughing
His story had stolen their joy

They looked to Santa for comfort
He fought for the right words to say
He said now kids don't be sad for Billy
Cos he just went to Heaven today

He wanted to go and live with God
So now everything's alright
Let thoughts of Billy make your hearts be kind
And I'll see you all Christmas Eve night

Merry Christmas everybody
 
Click Here For Video.

Source: Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment