Translate

Friday, August 16, 2013

I'm Nobody's Child

Lyrics:

recorded by Hank Snow
written by Mel Foree and Cy Coben
 
C                       F
I was slowly passing an orphan's home one day
   C                           D7                         G7
And stopped there for a moment just to watch the children play
  C                           F
A lonely boy was standing and when I asked him why
   C                                       G7          C
He turned with eyes that could not see and he began to cry
 
                       C7       F
I'm nobody's child I’m nobody's child
G7                             C
I’m like a flower just growing wild
                     C7      F
No mommy’s kisses no daddy's smile
G7                           C
Nobody wants me I'm nobody's child
 
                             F
People come for children and take them for their own
    C                           D7               G7
But they all seem to pass me by and leave me all alone
  C                               F
I know they'd like to take me but when they see I'm blind
     C                                  G7      C
They always take some other child and I am left behind
 
                              F
No mommy’s arms to hold me or sooth me when I cry
    C                            D7                  G7
Sometimes it gets so lonely here I wish that I could die
    C                          F
I’d walk the streets of heaven where all the blind can see
    C                                    G7           C
And just like all the other kids there’d be a home for me
 
 
Next two verses are spoken:
 
C
I just can’t seem to figure out 
F
Why the folks all pass me by
C
Cause I know that it’s true that God takes 
D7                                    G7
Little blind children with Him in the sky
 
    C
And they tell me I’m so pretty
    F
And they seem to like my big curls of gold
    C
But then they take some other little child
        G7           C
And I’m left here all alone
 
Repeat #2

Click Here For Video.

Source: Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment