Translate

Friday, August 16, 2013

Mockingbird Hill

Lyrics:

Recorded by Slim Whitman written by Vaughn Horton
[3/4 time]

C        G7                       C           
When the sun in the morning peeps over the hill
    D7                      G7
And kisses the roses 'round my windowsill
                                       C 
Then my heart fills with gladness when I hear the trill
       D7                       G7          
Of the birds in the treetops on Mockingbird Hill

                                 C          G7 
Tra-la-la twiddly-dee-dee-dee it gives me a thrill
   D7                            G7                 
To wake up in the morning to the mockingbird's trill
                                  C             G7 
Tra-la-la twiddly-dee-dee there's peace and goodwill
       D7                        G7  
You're welcome as the flowers on Mockingbird Hill

                                 C
Got a three cornered plow and an acre to till
      D7                       G7
And a mule that I bought for a ten dollar bill
                                  C
There's a tumble down shack and a old rusty mill
         D7                    G7 
But it's my home sweet home on Mockingbird Hill

                                C
When it's late in the evening I climb up the hill
       D7                       G7  
And survey all my kingdom while every thing's still
                           C 
Only me and the sky and an old whippoorwill
     D7                    G7 
It's my home sweet home on Mockingbird Hill

repeat #2


Click Here For Video.

Source: Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment