Translate

Friday, August 16, 2013

Lemon Tree

Lyrics:

Recorded by Bobby Bare
written by Will Holt

C          G7            C             G7      C
When I was just a lad of ten my father said to me
              G7     C               G7           C
Come here and take a lesson from the lovely lemon tree
      F        C        F                     C       F
Don't put your faith in love my boy my father said to me
              C         F                       C     F
I fear you'll find that love is like the lovely lemon tree

      C                                        G7
Lemon tree very pretty and the lemon flower is sweet
                                                 C
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat
                                               G7
Lemon tree very pretty and the lemon flower is sweet
                                                 C
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat

        G7          C                      G7    C
One day beneath the lemon tree my love and I did lie
                G7            C                     G7     C
A girl so sweet that when she smiled the stars rose in the sky
   F           C      F                        C     F
We passed that summer lost in love beneath the lemon tree
             C        F                   C          F
The music of her laughter hid my father's words from me

Repeat #2
 
Click Here For Video.
 
Source: Youtube 

No comments:

Post a Comment