Translate

Friday, August 16, 2013

Lord Have Mercy on a Country Boy

Lyrics:

recorded by Don Williams
written by Bob McDill
 
C              G7       C     
Well I grew up wild and free
G7            C         G7      C     
Walking these fields in my bare feet
                      G7         C   
There wasn't no place I couldn't go
       G7 C           G7      C     
With a 22 rifle and a fishing pole
 
       F           C        G7        C   
Well I live in the city but don't fit in
    Am                   G7        C   
You know it's a pity the shape I'm in
      F      C          G7     C       
But I got no home and I got no choice
   Am                   G7      C    
Oh Lord have mercy on a country boy
 
                 G7         C     
When I was young I remember well
G7                C              G7        C      
I'd hunt the wild turkey and the bob white quail
                        G7        C     
The river was clear and deep back then
    G7      C                 G7     C     
Had fishing lines tied to the willow limb
 
Repeat #2
                               G7         C       
Well they dammed the river they dammed the stream
G7                C           G7        C      
They cut down the cypress and sweet-gum trees
                           G7     C     
There's a Laundromat and a barber shop
    G7            C           G7      C    
And now the whole meadow is a parking lot
 
Repeat #2

Click Here For Video.

Source: Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment