Translate

Friday, August 16, 2013

These Hands

Lyrics:

 
Recorded by Hank Snow written by Eddie Noack 
[3/4 time]

C                     G7         C
These hands ain't the hands of a gentleman 
                G7            C
These hands are calloused and old
                     E7           F             C
These hands raised a family these hands built a home
                          D7         G7
Now these hands raised to praise the Lord

      C             G7          C
These hands won the heart of my loved one 
                        G7     C
And with hers they were never alone
                            E7             F              C
If these hands filled their task then what more could one ask
                       G7            C
For these fingers have worked to the bone

                       E7         F             C
Now don't try to judge me by what you'd like me be
                   G7        C      G7
For my life hasn't been much success
           C           E7        F          C
While some people have power but still they grieve
                             A7   G7
While these hands brought me happiness

        C             G7        C       G7   C
Now I'm tired and I'm old and I haven’t much gold
                        E7         F
Maybe things ain't been all that I planned
                                 C       G7    C
God above hear my plea when it's time to judge me
                     G7           C
Take a look at these hard working hands

                                         G7    C
God above hear my plea when it's time to judge me
                     G7           C
Take a look at these hard working hands
 
Click Here For Video.
 
Source: Youtube 

No comments:

Post a Comment